The SCM Distinguished Alumni Award
The SCM Distinguished Alumni Award was launched in 2021 to honour SCM alumni who have made outstanding achievements in and distinctive contributions to their professions, the School and the community. Nomination for the Third SCM Distinguished Alumni Award is now open.
The completed nomination form together with the nominee’s CV must be submitted to SCM by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post on or before 17 March 2023. If the form is submitted by post, postmark must not be later than 17 March 2023.
Eligibility of Nominee
- The nominee for the Award must be a graduate of SCM who has attained an academic award conferred by CityU.
- The nominator does not need to be affiliated with SCM so anyone may nominate an SCM alumni for the Award. Self-nominations will also be considered.
- The nominee shall not be a member of the Selection Panel.
Eligibility of Nominator (Optional)
- For nomination by a nominator, the nominator shall not be a member of the Selection Panel and can submit more than one nomination. The nominator does not need to be affiliated with SCM.
SELECTION PROCEDURES AND CRITERIA
- Shortlisted nominee(s) may be requested to attend an interview. SCM may contact them directly.
- SCM may request verification of the information provided.
- Consent of the selected nominee(s) will be obtained before finalising the list of award recipient(s).
- Information of the nominee(s) is for internal use of the Selection Panel and will be kept confidential.
- The decision made by the Selection Panel shall be final and binding. Reason(s) for granting or not granting the Award to a nominee will not be released.
- An Award granted may be withdrawn at the absolute discretion of SCM should it be deemed necessary.
- SCM reserves all rights to modify the arrangements, rules and criteria of the Award.
The Selection Panel will consider the suitability of the nominations based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Business/professional/scholastic/artistic achievements;
- Service and contributions to SCM and/or the community.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS
Recipient(s) of the Third SCM Distinguished Alumni Award will be announced in May 2023 and will be honored at the 2023 Commencement for SCM.
RECOGNITION FOR AWARD RECIPIENT(S) AND NOMINATOR(S)
Each award recipient will receive an “SCM Distinguished Alumni Award” trophy and his/her achievements and contributions will be publicly honoured. The nominator of each award recipient will be invited to attend the 2023 Commencement for SCM.
Previous Award Recipients
Vivek MAHBUBANI- Recipient of The Second SCM Distinguished Alumni Award (2022)
LAU Mo Sheung Grace - Recipient of 1st SCM Distinguished Alumni Award (2021)
Miss Rain Wong - Clerical Officer I