The completed nomination form together with the nominee’s CV must be submitted to SCM by email (to email@example.com) or by post on or before 2 April 2022. If the form is submitted by post, postmark must not be later than 2 April 2022.
Eligibility of Nominee
- The nominee for the Award must be a graduate of SCM who has attained an academic award conferred by CityU.
- The nominator does not need to be affiliated with SCM so anyone may nominate an SCM alumni for the Award. Self-nominations will also be considered.
- The nominee shall not be a member of the Selection Panel.
Eligibility of Nominator (Optional)
- For nomination by a nominator, the nominator shall not be a member of the Selection Panel and can submit more than one nomination. The nominator does not need to be affiliated with SCM.
SELECTION PROCEDURES AND CRITERIA
- Shortlisted nominee(s) may be requested to attend an interview. SCM may contact them directly.
- SCM may request verification of the information provided.
- Consent of the selected nominee(s) will be obtained before finalising the list of award recipient(s).
- Information of the nominee(s) is for internal use of the Selection Panel and will be kept confidential.
- The decision made by the Selection Panel shall be final and binding. Reason(s) for granting or not granting the Award to a nominee will not be released.
- An Award granted may be withdrawn at the absolute discretion of SCM should it be deemed necessary.
- SCM reserves all rights to modify the arrangements, rules and criteria of the Award.
The Selection Panel will consider the suitability of the nominations based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Business/professional/scholastic/artistic achievements;
- Service and contributions to SCM and/or the community.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS
Recipient(s) of the Second SCM Distinguished Alumni Award will be announced in May 2022 and will be honored at the 2022 Commencement for SCM.
RECOGNITION FOR AWARD RECIPIENT(S) AND NOMINATOR(S)
Each award recipient will receive an “SCM Distinguished Alumni Award” trophy and his/her achievements and contributions will be publicly honoured. The nominator of each award recipient will be invited to attend the 2022 Commencement for SCM.